One of three, 15th century wall paintings visible in St Mary’s Church, Bartlow, Cambridgeshire. The painting depicts St Christopher with the Christ Child on his left shoulder
©
The Heritage Trust
 

Describing St Mary’s Curch the Bedforshire Parishes website states that –

 
Lysons, in his Magna Britannia, states that Bartlow is the Church built by King Canute in 1020 AD in reparation for the blood spilled in the battle of Assandune (Ashdon) between the Saxons and the Danes. This is disputed by later authorities, and Ashingdon in S Essex is the most likely site of the battle.
 
 
St Mary’s Church, Bartlow, Cambridgeshire
Image credit Moss
 
The Bartlow Burial Mounds are reached by following the left-hand path from the front of the church. See our earlier features on the Bartlow Burial Mounds here and here.